Established and chartered in 2019, the BHCU Kids Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 tax exempt organization administered by a volunteer Board of Directors.
The BHCU Kids Foundation began with a simple mission of strengthening the Delaware County community by seeking to provide programs and support for our most at-risk youth, with the full knowledge and understanding that they are our future.
Opportunities abound to assist today’s youth with educational endeavors, employment, physical fitness programs, etc., all of which help to create capable, responsible, and healthy young adults.
However, in Delaware County today exists an even greater need for many of our children. In 2018, our local community had over 1,400 reports of child abuse which sadly resulted in 2 actual fatalities and 4 near fatalities. In addition, 14% of Delco children live in poverty and over 18,000 children go hungry. These events occur, literally in our backyard.
How we’re helping
To combat these crises and provide hope for our children, as our first initiative the BHCU Kids Foundation has partnered with The Community’s Foundation (“TCF”) to endow the Hope for Children Fund which will provide direct services to the most vulnerable among us, abused and neglected children.
BHCU Kids Foundation Golf Classic
- 2019 – First Annual
- 2020 – Save the Date | Monday, October 12, 2020 | Radnor Valley Country Club
Organizations/Initiatives We’ve Helped
CASA Youth Advocates
- Sponsored a volunteer, court appointed advocate to assist with some of the toughest cases of child abuse and neglect
Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County
- Provided funding for the safe house, which supports dependent children escaping dangerous living situations
Valley Youth House
- Provided essential items for teens in the foster care and justice system
- Volunteered at the 2019 Holiday party
Andrew Hicks Foundation
- Purchased refurbished routers and computers for children in Chester to assist with online learning during the COVID-19 pandemic