Established and chartered in 2019, the BHCU Kids Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 tax exempt organization administered by a volunteer Board of Directors.
The BHCU Kids Foundation began with a simple mission of strengthening the Delaware County community by seeking to provide programs and support for our most at-risk youth, with the full knowledge and understanding that they are our future.
Opportunities abound to assist today’s youth with educational endeavors, employment, physical fitness programs, etc., all of which help to create capable, responsible, and healthy young adults.
However, in Delaware County today exists an even greater need for many of our children.
- Delaware County had 1,307 reports of child abuse in 2019¹
- There 3 abuse near fatalities in Delaware County in 2019¹
- 13% of Delaware County youth face food insecurity²
- 13% of Delaware County youth live in poverty²
How we’re helping
To combat these crises and provide hope for our children, as our first initiative the BHCU Kids Foundation has partnered with The Community’s Foundation (“TCF”) to endow the Hope for Children Fund which will provide direct services to the most vulnerable among us, abused and neglected children.
BHCU Kids Foundation Golf Classic
Organizations/Initiatives We’ve Helped
CASA Youth Advocates
- Sponsored volunteers, court appointed advocates to assist with some of the toughest cases of child abuse and neglect
Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County
- Provided funding for the safe house, which supports dependent children escaping dangerous living situations
Valley Youth House
- Provided essential items for teens in the foster care and justice system
- Volunteered at the 2019 Holiday party
Andrew Hicks Foundation
- Purchased refurbished routers and computers for children in Chester to assist with online learning during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Provided backpacks of school supplies to students in the William Penn school district
City Team Chester
- Provided funding to support transitional housing for single mothers and their children
Family Support Line
- Funded security project to protect children affected by sexual abuse which included installing camera’s and panic buttons to reduce the possibility for victim retribution on site and in the parking lot.